What does the Slouch Busters Program involve?
We are pleased to offer a twelve week ‘Posture Correction Program’ for children of all ages. The program involves a combination of education, physical therapies and exercises designed specifically to improve your child’s posture and empower them to keep it there!
How can your child benefit?
- Sick and tired of telling your kids to stop slouching and sit or stand up straight?
- Kids spending too much time slumped in front of their iPad, phone or games console?
- Have you seen negative changes in your child’s posture such as rounded shoulders or forward head position?
- Is your child complaining of a sore neck, stiff shoulders, headaches, lethargy or lower back pain?
Our program can improve posture and give your child the education and tools to keep it there!!
The benefits of good posture over poor posture are numerous
- Fewer aches and pains
- Protects joints against early degeneration
- Frees up breathing and minimises respiratory issues
- More energy
- Activates deep core muscles
- Improves self esteem
Posture is not just cosmetic! It is integral to the way we function and relate to our environment and we are ideally placed to help your child to correct negative/ poor posture.
The first step
- We conduct a comprehensive postural assessment using a digital photo analysis and a physical exam.
- A follow up report of findings to explain the results and to see if the program is suitable for your child.
- Stretches and strengthening exercises to address the tight and weakened muscles associated with rounded shoulders and poor forward head position.
- Chiropractic adjustments to address spinal joint hypomobilty (loss of movement) often associated with poor posture. These are low force techniques designed for and well tolerated by children…most kids love getting their adjustments.
- Specific posture correction aids which are fully explained and demonstrated in the office for the kids to do at home. These are not difficult and we have found that compliance at home is quite good….with some support (constructive nagging) from mum or dad!!
- Down to earth practical advice and information to educate your child about posture and to get them to take control and maintain their good posture into the future!
The program is a multifaceted approach as there is more than one aspect to poor posture.
Contact our clinic today on (02) 4232 2614 for a no obligation posture assessment and see if your child qualifies for our Slouch Busters program.